View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2015, 08:14 AM

Corporal

Dubious is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Cave-in survival?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibol View Post
hey, guys, just so you know,
this has been addressed in update 115 (currently in beta)
I apologize for those losses, they are not intended.

rubble no longer spawns in doorways that prevent you from returning. (same thing goes for short-circuit traps)
also, high level of "spelunker" skill will now remove rubble, and there's an artifact and a suit that do it too!
Patch 1.2.0.
Query: I just had the opportunity to promote my Planetary Officer who already has Spelunker, but there was no Spelunker-2 option listed. Is it tied to some specific amount of XP, or combination of other skills? He had 4 other skills (which puts him about 11K of XP IIRC). (I wound up filling the sixth slot instead.)

Just an FYI: I had a cave-in trap block the way back to the entry stairs (not the stairs themselves), but was able to get to the next level down. However, taking stairs back out just took me back to the "blocked route" level. So a cave-in can still trap your party if you can't get down to a teleport. And I have found levels where "rubble" blocks the access to the stairs to the next level down, which I can see. (Haven't found the "rubble clearing" artifact or suit as yet.)

Another major "blocker" threat are "Puffers". They can spawn multiple copies when destroyed. When there are several, then they seem to go into a spawning frenzy and can pack an area, while inflicting damage on you. Once you get injured enough they can become a major threat to existence.

I've just started to encounter "Rad Rats" which also seem to appear in clumps. So far they don't seem to have a spawning frenzy to match the "Puffers", but they do pop into existence like "blobs" on the surface, often just where you killed one. And unlike the "Puffers", they move.

-Dubious-

Last edited by Dubious; July 18th, 2015 at 08:25 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Dubious For This Useful Post: