View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Private

DeadInTrench is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with Scenarios

Uh.... I would doubt this hasn't come up before but... I want to propose a solution.

The problem.... over 350 scenarios in winSPWW2 and... hard to find one you are particularly interested in. Kinda like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The solution I propose.... is that there are files in the scenarios directory.... that lists the secenarios for each campaign in chronological order. Then, when you initially bring up the scenarios list, you get an option 'All Scenarios' which would bring up what you get now, if you select it.... but then after that on the initial list you would get the various theatres (e.g. Western Front, Southern Front, Eastern Front and Far East are the theatres we are looking at as I see it).... and then if you select one of these.... you get the campaigns for that particular theatre.... and then if you select one of the campaigns.... you get the secenarios for that campaign listed in chronological order.

In other words.... if you wanted to play a scenario on the German invasion of Norway..... you initialy would be able to select 'Western Front'... and then the list of campaigns for the Western Front would come up and then you would select 'German Invasion of Norway' (or simply 'Norway') and you would then get ALL the scenarios of the German invasion of Norway listed in chronological order... with a nice little 'German Invasion of Norway' at the top.

IMO... you would just be looking at a couple of hours of programing here.... with maybe a day or two of testing and putting together the theatre and campaign files... but IMO the improvement would be IMMENSE as far as playing the scenarios.

Comments?

Thanks,

DiT