View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 no longer available from Shrapnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Over the years they have tried many changes that "knowledgable" players have pushed with accompanying impact on the companys "income"
I have no idea what that means. Please clarify.
I dont HAVE to be non-insulting anymore but I generally try anyway. Not YOU but others over the years have pushed the money aspect rudely while Illwinter has explained the joy and job satisfaction aspect. The two do not go hand in hand. by some methods, they can even be counter.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Everything has its pros and cons. That discussion is also in many threads here. But the support level for DD goes up tremendously. It is hard to fathom but any company can verify it. The big boy business plan tends to carry with it a requirement to want to be a big boy. More people for the support level unless you would rather just have the money and dump the support.
Do you mean in the sense that more sales equals more players and thus more support requests or are you saying that DD attracts a different (presumably less knowledgeable) audience that has a higher frequency of support requests?
I dont know. Not my area to study altho I have worked for companies that had people who did. The all important price break point that people feel has been missed involves more than just income. Many mention the phrase target demographics but dont seem to realize that the change in target demographics is also a change in the player community that is created.