View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2020, 11:18 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hue city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Trouble is this is all general information and WinSPMBT is a tactical game.

Sure, everyone has an AK or SKS but how many RPGs and LMGs? Any MMGs? Mortars? I assume no actual artillery. Were these regiments at full strength or were some of their battalions/companies operating elsewhere and weren't at Hue? I know the NVA were getting resupply and replacements from outside the city, till when?

Yes I can just make up this stuff but I'd rather attempt (as best I can) to create a campaign that reflects what really happened rather then go all Hollywood/video game. Because you can do that already by simply generating a city battle with WinSPMNT.

You will NEVER know most of that so you have to guess and estimate then playtest to see if you have a mix that approximates reality and gives a good game but you will never get this done if you are expecting to know individual unit composition....and "how many RPGs and LMGs" Gimme a break..... I doubt the NV even knew that then !

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....