Old October 18th, 2004, 01:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gameplay tips & tricks

Quote:
Roanon said:
Quote:
Imperator Fyron said:
Troops are rarely lost in ground combat in stock SE4, except in the odd situation where some player filled their planet with troops (which I have never seen done myself...).
Try fighting real opponents . Yes, some of my enemies are so eager to deny me their planets that they build their police troops with weapons. Also, if you have the standard -50 ground combat racial trait, planets with higher population, i.e. nearly every planet when fighting against an organic enemy, will cause heavy losses from the militia. My transports only have about 500kt space, being heavily armored so they are able to advance alone against shipless planets. 2 x 50 troops are worn down to 1 x 50 (or less) troops after very few turns when fighting against an enemy who has the impertinence to make your victory as slow and fruitless as possible - hi Teal, hi Alneyan
Huh. That is your problem, you have poor troop ship designs. My designs are capable of dropping as many troops as possible, and even with 50 physical strength and against planets where police troops are armed, I never lose any... Even the militia of filled huge worlds have never been an issue (as by the time huge worlds are filled, I have large transports and large troops)...

Quote:
Very old and outdated game Version..... Tried this with the latest game Version?
I have not had the opportunity recently to conquer planets with moons, but I have indeed successfully conquered multiple planets in one turn without issue in 1.91.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.