View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2015, 04:18 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Windows 10 Status and yes there'll be no Win 9.

For anyone that has experienced this issue during the download and or update process concerning activation of the "Airplane Mode" my cable/internet provider could find only two solutions reload 10 with apps/files saved or a clean reboot. Opted for the first and just got on the net Fri. after almost a week before work. This option however still caused me to reload graphics card, mother board and other software to further include security suite etc. Also I lost my Mozilla Firefox I had prior to being knocked offline, this resulted in losing 8 yrs. worth of data for equipment the big hit was in the APC area. Sorry I tried everything the data is lost and unrecoverable from Mozilla and the auto backup did not pick up the previously saved items. This is a hot trending item on the web here under Airplane Mode/or Loss of Ethernet connection can't connect to the internet. The limited reboot did get to the net (Obviously) now however the Airplane Mode is still on and will not shut off. Notified MS last Sun/was escalated to the ready...escalation trouble shooting echelon/was supposed to hear back by Tue. they called Thur./Fri. of course when I'm at work./currently awaiting call back (3hr.+ hold/or call back wait.)/I figure that'll kill the rest of my day/evening. And if they tell me to reboot I swear I'll "crawl" through my phone to India.
This was as it's turning out now, a smaller issue with Win 8/8.1.

Stay away from the Airplane Mode button in Settings!!

Game wise hope to start playing tonight looks like the games survived all this crap intact. Let you know when I recoup/revive and find my happy place again.

NOTE: They are seeing this issue to a lesser degree with hand held devices and tablets...be careful!!

It figures I'd be the one to catch the torpedo up my...engine room!!

Regards,
Pat

P.S. My initial Win 10 download worked perfectly fine for about 24-36 hrs.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..