View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2023, 10:17 AM

Private

LN59300 is on a distinguished road
Default Operation Kleiner Bär - June 1940

Date: June 15th, 1940
Location: the Rhine, between Neuf-Brisach (France) and Alt-Breisach (Germany).
Type: Historical. German river assault on French prepared position (light Maginot Line).
Scale: Small scenario (reinforced Battalion level).
Length: 35 Turns.
Victory conditions: Consider all results but a German decisive victory as a French morale victory (in fact: a pyrrhic draw).

Description: the French Army's collapse became to an evidence as the Wehrmacht entered Paris on June 14th.
For strategical and political reasons (seizing Alsace once again) did the OKH prepare a jump across the Rhine at five places, on a 40 kilometers-wide front from Rhinau (northernmost) to Neuf-Brisach (southernmost). Four infantry divisions (ID) were in charge of that amphibian action with some help from four fortress (static) divisions with poor training level in "Blitzkrieg" warfare (Stellungdivisionen).

Important: to balance the game against the French AI, the main casemate spans 3 contiguous hexes instead of just one. In reality of course, this military structure was not 150 meters long! This is the most convenient way I have found to 1° represent a structure of this kind, a concrete and armoured still imperfect fortification; 2° give the attacker a hard time and make the game more challenging and interesting.

I hope you will enjoy my first uploaded scenario for WinSPWW2...
Best Regards from France,
L. NISON
Attached Files
File Type: zip OKB_Files.zip (462.2 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by LN59300; June 18th, 2023 at 10:43 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LN59300 For This Useful Post: