View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:04 PM

Corporal

Lokean is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chronicles - Inspired by Baalz, engineered by Lokean - Pre-game discussion

Well, it looks like there's sufficient interest to pursue the idea, so here's a few of my thoughs/preferences.

CBM would certainly be an important choice, and I'm in favor of it, specifically because it promotes diversity, rather than having the midgame AARs all consist of "[My puny mage groupies cast spells on me/I cast spells on me] and I smashed the entire opposing army with my magic sword"

Given whay djo says, I broadly agree. An alternative would be to use one of the maps with specific VP sites, but the only ones I'm aware of are the ones on the Llamaserver, so suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was initially thinking of doing the first few turns as 24 or 48 hour quickhost, while the initial expansion goes on, then throttling back to between 72 and 120 fixed hosting. As I see it, the difficulty is more to do with having something you wish to write about, rather than the time and effort to write it. A reasonable hosting time allows players that feel inspired to thrash something out during a single turn without people that don't feel like writing something getting too drained by the delays.

Depending on the number of players, I would probably set an expected contribution rate at once a fortnight, which would mean that the tales would be coming in almost daily, on average, if people can keep up that pace. More, of course, would be better.

What I'd really be interested in trying would be a map that had starting positions for every nation of the age chosen and victory point locations that were special sites of interest. However, that would mean making a new map, which is quite a lot of work.