Thread: AAR The Dirty Patricia's
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2019, 02:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Dirty Patricia's

Turns 11-18

At turn 10, the Canadian reinforcements arrive at (1). They are one mechanized infantry company, one more M-113/TOW TD section and one Leopard C1 tank platoon. Since the Czechs mostly push towards the centre and the south, I decide to send them southwards and behind Buchhoven, so as to be used as my main reserve and to commit them at the right time. When the company marched south, the Czech ATGM platoon opened fire from (3). The result is the tank platoon commander’s tank being knocked out, although no casualties were produced. As a result, my forces had to halt their advance temporarily, while I also decide to keep one of the mechanized platoons behind, so as to have an uncommitted reserve. To deal with the threat at (3), Canadian mortars fire a combination of HE and smoke shells. The TDs are temporarily neutralized and the advance of the column may continue.

To the south at (4), Czech T-72s supported by infantry advance. Inside the village, Czech force advances through, but with heavy casualties from Carl Gustav teams and LAVs ambushing them. Cougar LAVs prove to be a good match for the Czech T-72s when they can ambush them and hit their sides and rear.

A T-72 platoon can be seen advancing across (6). 5-Canadian TDs have a good field of fire from there and knock out several tanks and APCs that try to use the road. It seems that my TDs are much better positioned than I though and, despite the woods in front of the Czech vehicles, there are enough openings to be effective.

Finally, a T-72CZ company is spotted moving towards the centre from (1). Czechs sure do have enough tanks.

So far, things look great. My TDs halt any attempt of Czech armor to really make a difference, while my dug in scouts and infantry prove to be a real threat inside urban areas. The bad news is the fact that I lost a tank for no real reason, my reinforcements getting slowed, and that the Czechs look to have more strength than I anticipated.