Thread: Infantry LMGs
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2017, 05:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Infantry LMGs

You can disagree with some variables all you like but I try to use the same formula for all guns otherwise we are back to basing weapons stats on "opinion" and everyone has a different one.

OK, here's what we're going to do.

YOU make a list of all the LMG's in the game.....by name and nation and on one side put the data we are using and the date you think we should be using on the other and when you are done I will look at it but you could cherry pick a LMG here and another there and ask why this one is like that and this other one is like this....for YEARS. I know we could because I know I've had the same conversation with others before on similar issues and it comes down to if you want to nitpick my work you need to do your own and present a logical alternative for me to consider. Most new weapons put into this game are put in based on what else in the game is similar and how is this different .....or not..... if it's not significantly different in any way we consider GAME SIGNIFICANT then the old one gets pasted in and the new name gets pasted over the old.

There is WAY too much obsessing over tiny details that mean NOTHING after all the random factors that this game uses to produce combat results are factored in...... and "accuracy" is one of them..... that has to go through the firer morale and experience then the target morale and experience then terrain factors and other things as well.. The REASON this game has lasted this long is BECAUSE if you do 'A' then 'B' the game hardly ever does 'C' every time.

Spend the time and produce a list and I'll look at it...... I may not agree with it and I may not implement it but I WILL look at it otherwise this is just random sniping while cherry picking targets. The M60 and Bren comparison was interesting as I had never compared the two but I know for certain that those were set up before I took full control of the OOB's and now we are faced with THIS reality

Don

Last edited by DRG; March 10th, 2017 at 05:44 PM..