View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:17 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Lazy_Perfectionist is on a distinguished road
Default LA Atlantis, another thread looking for tips

So... I won't be writing a strategy guide about them, but being the first water nation I tried, they're quite a bit different than I expected, and they're different from the other water nations in that they start on land.

People have been great at answering my questions, but there were enough I had I thought I should try making a single thread. I also hope that I'll be able to help someone rather than asking all the questions.

So, first off... I get a whole other set of recruits when I build a sea fortress. Is this unique to Atlantis, and why do I want to recruit them, other than the lower resource cost?

Someone mentioned Ghost Grip, and it looks like it could be quite good for my Tungalik's to cast, especially since I'll be using various other methods to increase fatigue. But I'm not certain how it really works. It says it affects multiple squares, but it has an AoE of 0, and 5 NoE.

What suggestions do you have with regards to using Tungaliks?

When experimenting with the Ice Pebble Staff, I found I've really been underestimating the value of Numbness. So, I'm thinking I need to seriously reconsider and try out some of the less sexy combat spells. I can do quite a bit with fatigue, it seems.

So I'm looking for advice on spells my Tungaliks can cast, with especial attention to ones available early enough to help with my expansion.

How many Tungaliks do I need casting Frighten or Slime (which BTW has four effects in CB mod, though I'm looking for vanilla dom3) to see any worthwhile results, when facing standard indies?

That's enough for the moment, I'd love to see a discussion start thats not just my questions.

Construction is a rather sad path for Atlantis, but I will say say not to underestimate the Ice Pebble Staff, which casts Numbness, and is available at construction 2. It's too expensive to build many, but I always try to get at least one out, and hand to a Captain, who I set to cast spells. It's no substitute for real mage support in the great battles, but can make a big difference in your smaller battles. I think it actually does more than listed in the manual. I'll do a couple labs tonight.