View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2015, 08:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: USMC OOB13 (v.7) - flame tanks and misc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Great news Don! I really need to follow your example before I get any of the nastyness too.
Trust me...... it's best avoided . In my case the heart trouble wasn't the result of a poor lifestyle but I wasn't a poster boy for anything good . My valve went wonky as the result of a defect I've been living with since birth but didn't know about until 9 years ago. The stroke was the result of V-tac that was cause by the trama of surgery and my blood thinners hadn't stabilized yet. I cannot even begin to tell you what a PITA it is to stay on top of the blood thinners so they stay in range while losing 50 pounds.

Also, I could NOT have done this without FITBIT. I bought it initally for the Heart rate display............I could check that while I was exercising so I stayed within the range the kineseologist recommend but once I had it week I started using their food log and I became the guy who weighs and measures absolutely everything I ingested. It's a lot of work but the results speak for themselves. Without that info I would never have changed my diet as radicaly as I have or lost the weight I did but the end result is I eat better meals that taste better than I ever did before and I stay away from the high calorie low nutrition junk...........it's REALLY easy ( and cheap ) to eat badly but with some research and willpower it's possible to eat well and heathy but you have to want to. Attitude is everything and I can tell you after open heart surgery and a stroke the incentive for a better attitude is high.

Best money I spent this year was when I bought the FITBIT

Don

Last edited by DRG; October 24th, 2015 at 09:02 PM..