View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:52 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Land Rand - Jotunheim Wins!

We were now in the mid game and having seeded scouts all over the place, I was seriously concerned about the Jotuns, they knew exactly what they were doing, very clearly being played by a experienced vet, my guess being Micah, Wraithlord or Zeldor. I dicounted Quantum because I know he is generally a defensive player, I did not think it was Micah really either because he is a ultra, ultra aggressive and Ulm's excellent defense did slow the Jotuns. I really needed free troops so put up the global Enchanted Forest. I formed my Jotun policy at this point, which was, I was not going to attack the Jotuns on my own but I was going to keep well above 50% of my entire forces in 3 castles along the Jotun / Ctis border. If the Jotuns got in trouble trying to conquer another nation or Mictlan attacked the Jotuns I was going to attack them as well. There was no chance of me attacking Mictlan / Ermor and Tien Chi at this point as well because I needed 1 or 2 of them, plus myself to try to stop the Jotuns.

However, there was no need for me to sit around, by conquering Pythium I had opened up access to some weak nations who had been fighting each another namely, Arco, Ashdod, Pan and Bander Log. I would try and carefully grab what I could. I put up the Forge of Ancients to help equip my growing number of thugs / SCs. I started with Arco who were fighting Ashdod and took a couple of provinces but Ashdod were swift and took the rest. So I started looking Bander / Pan way. However, the Jotuns then swept in crushing Ashodod with breathtaking speed. I tried to take a province or two for myself but Jotuns Mage Bane weilding Arch Devil, supported by ALL the other Arch Devils, Ice Devils and Heliophagus destroyed my meagre forces. Once again the Jotuns scared me silly, I could see the Jotuns summoning all the blood 9 demon lords and tartarians. It was at this point I knew it was hopeless and the Jotuns were unstoppable.

I played about with Bander Log / Pan, slowly weakening them in order to devour them, well the Jotuns went after Tien Chi. In the very last turn of the game I had a very pleasing battle with Pan, with Pan having 28 mages 1000 strong army on one side and Ctis having 46 mages and 500 strong army on the other. Ctis won, killing 14 enemy mages and destroying vitually the entire 1000 strong army, I lost 0 mages but 80% of my army. In the same turn I also got lucky and killed the Pan with a Earth Attack who had cast the global Mother Oak thus dispelling it. But it was all for nothing the Jotuns had won, they were our masters now.

Last edited by Meglobob; May 29th, 2010 at 04:02 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meglobob For This Useful Post: