Old January 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Caelum - Fear of Flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaOfEffect View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
What it comes down to, is some nations have weak mages, and some nations have powerful nations.....
'Bottles of living bottles' ha ha
Nations of living bottles!!

And while I agree that you cannot discount Micah's PoV, through sheer virtue of his demonstrated proficiency, I do think that there are numerous ways to play most nations, and for some of them, in fact, riding them hard and fast may not be the best solution - and/or other options have the potential to lead to equal success.

All I know, is with my own playstyles and preferences, Caelum is -all- about finesse. Other than using mammoths for your early expansion (and first early war since you may have dozens left over), Caelum has vast potential to segue into something fluid, amorphous, and so supple that there is no one point that you can break, yet it possesses the tensile strength to flay the flesh from your nation with deceptive ease.

Anyway, I'd REALLY like to win a game with Caelum before I unveil the details of my own strat, so it'll be a few months, I suppose. Til then, you will all have to do with this strat, which again is quite gorgeous, and has a grace all its own, but is totally different from my own approach, or Micah's approach. There, three totally different ways to look at the nation already, and still most people disagree with AoE and myself about their potential for greatness.