Thread: Amazon Mod
View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Wauthan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Amazon Mod

Thanks for a great mod PvK. It's great to have a strong matriarchial nation available. That said there are a few things I modified to suit my own tastes.

Your heroes are well balanced but a bit bland for such an exotic nation. I don't have the mod I made available on this computer but I made a caster (Amazon Queen with a pick in everything save nature,holy and water), An immortal elite infantry unit (fragile but persistent), an assassin (since amazons lack any stealth) and a superleader. Nothing fancy (save the Queen, itemforging mayhem) and perhaps silly but more of a reason to pick a luckier scale.

The units are a bit similar. Made the Jade light skirmish with leather armor and slings, Garnet expensive elite melee, Onyx heavy armor defenders and gave Crystal daggers. Made griffonriders into expensive elite commanders (two flying sacred units was a bit too much) and dropped the holy status on the lizard riders (made them cheaper as well to allow higher production).

Jade tribe is largest size so units are cheap and "common", Onyx guards the sacred sites, Garnet have changed their ways to fit in with the new ways and Crystal remains as they always have.