View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:09 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dosbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerduker123 View Post
Not sure if this matters or not, but this happens to me quite a bit in 'normal' SPMBT. Another bug I noticed recently is that deleting a bocage tile then adding it back again makes it far, far shorter.
That will be looked into as well but I have not been able to recreate the "far shorter" part. The code for each of the continuous terrain types is very similar but each one has it's subtle differences and it's those subtle differences that can bite you.

The best advice for map makers would be.....even if this does get fixed... is to remember, when filling a gap between two continuous terrain types.... roads, trenches, streams, hedgerows.... then " best practice" would be to click on the hex on EITHER SIDE of that gap and place the terrain so it spans those three hexes not just the one to one side of the gap or the other and the gap ( so three hexes not just two )

When we compile game code a report is generated that gives the details of the event and right now that report shows SPww2 game code compiles 13,335,132 lines of code

Thirteen MILLION, Three Hundred and thirty-five, one hundred and thirty-two lines of code....

Think about that a minute. Sometimes finding things like this once known and proved only narrows the search down to a fraction of that but even a fraction of that is a big number and Andy needs to know what fraction to look in

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 8th, 2019 at 09:16 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: