View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:31 PM

Corporal

Nightblade is on a distinguished road
Default Incredible good luck , or gameplay change ?

Hello,

i setup, mostly to test the window version of SP:WW2 on my computer, a quick battle in 1000 BP on a small 40x40 map USA vs Germany in 1946.

The game ended after +/-20 turns on a decisive victory for me with the USA.
That surprised me a bit as i was expecting more difficulties in the urban map that was generated, but happy accidents can happen but i was frankly surprised by the real carnage my soldiers made on the incoming german squads

Each turn one of my squad opened fire it was at least 3/4 kills/casualties in the targeted enemy, routing them at each turn a firefight occured.

That was a surprise for me, as i remembered the last SP:MBT quick battle some days ago, in which it seemed my "modern" squads were not able to hit anything even at 3/4 hexagons of distance during more than 15 turns.

At the end of the SP:WW2 test game, i had just lost a squad and a jeep (actually i lost them because of mortar fire, the german squads never forced any of mine to even retreat) while the german had 5 tanks burning and at least 10 destroyed squads and mortars positions in ruins (i don't know for the position i flooded with artillery shells ) .

So was it the first time i was really and incredibly lucky in the SP serie, or is there a real gameplay change in WW2 that makes the units more accurate in their shots (or less resistant to bullets) ?

A second observation :
In SP:MBT a pinned enemy squad usually returned fire often and had some opportunity shots when i moved some units . In my test battle in SP:WW2 , that happened a lot less often, and i was able to move units some hexagons from an enemy that was just "pinned" without it having some extra opportunity fires.
So second question : is the "pinned" situation that affect squads being fired at a lot more effective than in SP:MBT ?