View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2003, 06:17 AM

Major

Instar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions? Need help? Look here

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Kolis:
Regarding the video drivers, if you are using a laptop, you'd probably be better off going to the laptop manufacturer's site rather than the video card manufacturer's, since laptop video cards often have custom features designed for a particular brand of PC. Just a word of advice - I once spent several hours trying to update my video drivers and getting strange errors in the installation only to find that the drivers I downloaded weren't even the right ones for my video card!
Very very good point. Like the man says, do not try updating drivers unless they are from your particular vendor, problem is, I will bet that driver support is iffy on a lot of laptops. Gaming on laptops has always been a risky proposition, venture forth at your peril!
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.