View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Temeria, Resurgence of the Witchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzza View Post
Thanks for the input I'm aware dt_magic only does x2 vs magical I don't need a lecture on basic modding.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to lecture you. It wasn't entirely clear from your post that you had that sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzza View Post
secondaryeffect doesn't work like that,

"This secondary effect will affect anyone harmed
by the weapon. See Table 7 for some effects.
The effects are actually also weapons and share
the same numbers as all other weapons."
What I was suggesting (and didn't spell out as explicitly as perhaps I might have) is that you could lower the damage of the first weapon (e.g. to 1/2 its value), give it the #dt_holy tag, and then add a secondaryeffect with the other half of the base damage and #dt_magic. Then you'd have (1/2 + 1/2 = normal damage to things other than demons, undead, or magic beings. Demons/undead would take (1/2 * 3 + 1/2), Magic beings would take (1/2 + (1/2 * 2)).

Not perfect (especially as the values would be affected separately by armor), but perhaps closer. Or not; ignore at will.

Quote:
And no, the shapechanging works fine because it's reliant on the monster number and the name. If the description didn't change neither would anything else as it changes the creature to an entirely different creature.
I was asking because it was my understanding that naming two units the same will cause ill effects (one description overwriting the other) whether or not the two are linked via a shapechange transformation. I've definitely seen the effect whereby naming a custom unit the same as an out of the box unit updates one or the other's description in an unintended manner. However, I've just re-tried it with a simple test mod, and it didn't seem to happen, so perhaps it's been fixed in one patch or another.
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix