View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:36 PM

Corporal

Pirateiam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II: Technical/Hardware Issues

Yeah I have already tried that. What is strange is that I run Dominions II during the week on a laptop (work/traveling)with almost the identical onboard graphics chipset and it runs fine. The glaring difference is that the workstation that I run it on the weekend (that is failing) is a AMD Anthlon - Windows 98 OS system. I built the workstation myself so I know I have the most updated bios and graphic drivers. I think I have narrowed it down to either the graphic chipset or I am having power drops on my motherboard. I will be able to eliminate the power issue this weekend since I am running a monitoring log right now (I knew I should have used a 300 watt PS ) One question I have that you may help me with is the Direct Draw Version that is supported (I assume you use Direct Draw calls in your code right?) My drivers say Version 1.0, is there not a newer Version?

I also think I am going to throw a AGP graphics card in to see if that eliminates the problem. Tell me which inexpensive AGP cards that you know for SURE that works with Dominions II. Also if there is anyone out there that has an AGP card lying around that they do not want anymore let me know. I would be willing to even spend a few bucks for it .

[ April 25, 2004, 18:41: Message edited by: Pirateiam ]