View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:38 PM

Private

Imperious_Leader is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Moron Sues Over Roof Jumping

I'm sorry if you take a cup of coffee that says on it caution contents are hot , stick it between your legs and try to take the lid off as you drive you are 100% at fault not 20 % as the jury found.When this all happened the coffee we served was 170F the coffee from McDonalds was 180F we lowered ours to 130F if you were drinking it right then and there that would be fine but if you are taking it somewhere to drink...as she should have been 130F would be luke warm by the time you got there.
If you sit at home and drink yourself into a stupor then decide to go for a little drive wreck your car and lose both your legs do you then sue the company that brews your favorite beer?Come on surely the company that brews your beer knows that if you drink enough of their product you and possibly others are going to get hurt.Thus they should begin to make nothing but non alcholic beer at once.I could honestly find more reason to hold your beer company at fault than McDonalds because your favorite beer is guaranteed to make you act stupid.
It isn't that I feel no sympathy for the woman who burned herself but , it's time that people stop blaming everyone else for their problems or mistakes.She should have been charged with failing to properly control her vehicle because if she was fiddiling with her coffee lid she wasn't giving her full attention to driving.
Oh I almost forgot about all the cell phone companies we know that their product is causing accidents everyday , guess it's time for someone to sue them too.