View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2017, 03:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rifle/SMG Effective Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1 View Post

Thanks but I couldn't see the googleuser content for some reason. I assume you meant the screen I have attached?

I see the PPSh on there and some of the variations have the PPS. Would each of the 10 men have the smg? In one case there is a LMG so how many out of the 10 would man that?

It's very interesting to me - I am not questioning the OOB in any way. The variations for the SMG Platoon seem to differ on type of smg in this case and also in terms of grenades, AT stuff etc.

Yes, the same as your attached screenshot.

In abstract terms, yes, each of those 10 men have SMG so long as its weapon slot #1. But inside the game it doesn't translate into anything specifically ten (you won't see 10 individual bursts or tracers). Keep in mind though, if the unit takes more casualties (thus reduced men), then the number of shots per turn is also reduced (the number on the bottom screen that says something like 6:4:3:1 now says 3:2:1:0) etc.

Aside from the "completeness" of the unit (how many men), Number of shots are also affected by whether you have moved/expended movement points, whether you're suppressed/pinned, the amount of experience, etc etc. It's all interlocked & affecting, these myriad variables. But regarding weapon range, it all comes down to two things only: within range, or, out of range.

As you can see on the unit's Number of Shot, the LMG has less shot per turn compared to the SMG, because LMG is not on weapon slot #1, thus presumably not all men have the LMG.

It's okay to question the OOB, but make sure you have good quality source to back it up, otherwise you'll get smashed. I'm not a fan of dabbling with OOB either, mostly about gameplay & mechanics, and maps.

Yes, lots of flavors for a single unit. This game is very flexible.

Last edited by RightDeve; October 20th, 2017 at 03:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RightDeve For This Useful Post: