View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2006, 06:02 AM

Sergeant

Leif_- is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [AAR] Ull, Turns 6 and 7

Turns 6 and 7

The forests of Thing proves to be ill suited for Eioneus chariots, and massed archers drive them off. Undaunted, Eioneus advances with his infantry into melee and carries the day, but at heavy losses. Good. Now that he and his men are properly bloodied they will be less inclined to clemency and other weaknesses.

I shift my gace north to the plains, and find Grifec still chasing the diminished survivors of the old order. I give him dreams, and send him south with reinforcements. With this help, Eioneus and Askalaphos easily defeats the stubborn resistance of the Ichtyid freemen in Glanis.

The conquest of Glanis removes the last stretch of unguarded border around Arcoscephale, and I can send my two dogs further afield to conquer the lands to the south. I will brook no delays or rest now; I can feel other forces gathering on the western shores of Lake Fortune, and traders bear back rumours of a new Empire rising south of Utonshire. A storm is brewing, and I must have re-erected the Fortress of the Edge before it breaks.

Epiphania has put on her old role as she would a well-worn coat, and with barely a threat from me she betrayed two of her daughters and chained them both to my destiny. Perhaps her freedom is less precious to her than she thinks. The games she plays as my servant are played for far greater stakes than goatherds and old men, and Epiphania always did love her games.