View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Private

DigSen is on a distinguished road
Default Thugging Out Vampire Counts? (LA Ulm)

Hey all.
I've so far only dared to play SP, I'm still trying to find a nation I really like. Right now I'm digging LA Ulm, and I'm getting better at jump-starting my blood-economy - but once I've got the Counts, how can I use them for combat?

I understand about spamming Raise Skeletons, and using Summon Lammashtas in suicide runs, but shouldn't it be possible to outfit my Counts with cheap gear and get them to mix it up on the front lines?

I have a few big questions, I guess (but any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!):
  • Is it worth hanging on to their innate Life Drain attack, or will they get more mileage out of a Fire Brand?
  • If they're going to be thugs, is it okay to slap encumbering armor on them, or should I find cheap Protection somewhere else?
  • Is it potentially worth it to give Skull Staffs to a few, have them cast Soul Vortex, and then fly in to mix it up?
  • And, even with five or six thugged out Counts, will I still need some mortal troops to back them up? Or will they ever be able to handle reasonable enemy opposition by themselves?
Alternatively, am I barking up the wrong tree entirely? Should I have my Counts focus on blood-hunting and build up massive demon armies instead?