View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2001, 01:54 AM

Private

thehunt44 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some technical Problems With Demo

As for a review...

I have not seen the full Version of AC 3.0, but I assume it is the same as the demo except that it doesn't end after 10 minutes... (which is really annoying)..

While trying to solve the problems I originally posted.. I happened upon 3 Versions of this game. Version 1.2 which I got from CNET about 4 months ago, Version 2.0 from the GamesDomain, and 3.0 which I got from this website.

The 2.0 ad 3.0 Versions at least from what I can tell are almost identical. It looks like the graphics have been spruced up a bit, and there may be some more subtle changes that maybe I didn't notice, but they seem to be 98% the same item. The 1.2 Version is the same basic game, just that this older Version doesn't have the weather or pilots voices (which I have to be honest.. I think are pretty bad.. Sorry Joe..).

As for gameplay, it brought me back to those good old days of "Kennedy Approach". The grid flight system, the 45 degree turn limit, take KA and add an extra 5 thousand feet and you have Air Command. Which means it is really a pretty good game.

If you like "Kennedy Approach" then you'll like this game. It is very similar, and equally entertaining. If KA was a 5, this is a 7 or 8.

TH