View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Finland II

Guys, any advice is welcome. I've played the game quite a lot, but am in new territory with this core and a USSR campaign. So far, I've fought six battles, but only posted three DARs. I only post the ones I think for battles I think will be challenging, because they do tend to be wordy.

My core experience is around ~75, so my troops will stand and fight much better than they would if I just started the campaign here. I'm use to fighting as the Germans or Americans, so this is new. When fighting as the Germans, I typically go through the desert, so don't have much experience with the Soviets one way or the other. Also, being in the desert, I'm use to tanks or ATGs killing tanks. I'm not impressed with the ones I have now, but am trying to keep it realistic. Honestly, that might be gone now that I have troops that will actually stand and fight effectively in 1941. As far as my infantry is concerned, maybe I'm under estimating what they can do, based on their performance in the first two battles.

I'm also minimizing my use of support points. That doesn't mean I won't use them, but resist. I don't see the sense in spending points on using with an experience of ~55 that will cut and run at the first shot. My core already simulates receiving higher level assets as cross attached units, such as my tank company and two supply trucks. The roughest part is fighting battles with my only artillery support as two 82mm and three 50mm mortar sections. It never seems to be quite enough and rarely stops tanks. The range (800m) on my 50mm mortars is pitiful, also.

My next battle is a delay against the Germans. It should be interesting, so I will put a DAR out for that one. The first thing I need to do is take a look at the terrain and decide where to put my troops.

Cheers,

Ray