Thread: obat46 Austria
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2015, 02:15 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: obat46 Austria

I think the 2012 early 2013 dates for the retirement of the Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer APC are going to hold up though I'll wait on the Austrian MOD for the retirement dates since they're already ahead of the French in the "Response Dept.", "darn" French 105mm's!?!. The MOD's I dealt with so far (French, Australian, UK, Netherlands etc.) where they're information has helped us in the past on some OOB issues, I had forgotten that they like to stick their current equipment in the galleries so "hover" on the GALLERY tab top far right for that data. I don't see a "site last updated" date but, the last NEWS story was posted on 10/03/2014 so we know the equipment status is good from that point on. As SIPRI data won't get updated for 2014 I think until March I'll hold off on any military equipment sales and or donations made by Austria to Hungry especially where it pertains to the LEOPARD 2A4 as I believe this would constitute a major upgrade in tank capability for Hungry as many sources indicate supposedly has occurred. I'd rather do any work there all at once instead of by piecemeal. So again...
http://www.bundesheer.at/english/index.shtml

This might not be a wasted exercise as it might flush out other equipment issues in the major categories of Armor, Artillery, Aircraft and Helos that exist for current equipment beyond the above stated dates.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 1st, 2015 at 02:29 AM..