View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LA Tien Chi: Strategy for the Battle Mage Nati

Thanks Baalz, great input - as usual what I expect from your evil genius. I will include when I update the guide. On the air gem point, I may overestimate its value but came to feel Fog Warriors is almost a must in major late game clashes so tended to use my Air gems on Bags of Winds and Winged Helmets, not too mention an Air Queen when available. Air gems always felt in tight supply so it is a tough call on how to allocate them. Terrain can slow down your cavalry so I guess the choice on Winged Boots depends on how your map looks. I also liked forging Bows of War - 5 air gems and 13 magic arrows helps counter Fog Warriors, especially when you throw it in the hands of a Sleeper with Boots of Speed.

On spamming panic and terror, this goes to my point about the Death casters being so useful it is challenging to decide how best to use them. I found Wrath of the Ancestors a very effective Death spell - 20+ little ethereal paralyzing spirits can completely plug up your enemies efforts to get to your archers, locking them down under a rain of arrows.

And I think a Death blessing is a perfect fit for TC and fun to use just to make you a totally unpalatable enemy.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.