View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2003, 06:51 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Weakest nation in Dom I

We have to keep in mind, in the realm of fantasy games, a number of big names ripped off other frandises without being sued. Sqauresoft, for example, used Dungeon and Dragons monsters, races, weapons, and magics for thier japanese and european releases in thier early years. Several US editions I think also have this, but most were watered down or renamed/redrawn.

The D&D copyright holders never did file suit or trademark/copyright infringement. As a result, time has passed and they couldn't sue even if wanted to now.

On the other hand, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and Blizzard Entertainment ruthlessly prosecute anyone that even blinks in a manner similar to a game/comic book character of thiers. Blizzard, for example, managed to shut down the entire production to the Horror Flick "Diablo". DC Comics almost ruined Marvel Comics (who was Timely Comics at the time) over the similarities between Superman & Capt. Marvel.

So it's a two way street.

Personally, I feel it's nothing to really worry about in this case. too small and too little. Any worries can simply be resolved by the addition, subtraction, and swapping of letters.