Thread: Utility Sprite Editing Tutorial
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM

Private

mabelode is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sprite Editing Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Yeah, the blades look a lot better now. I especially now like the number 5 now. The robes could use a tad more shading still (when shading areas larger than 20 pixels, you should use at least 5 different shades of a color). I've just started experimenting with a techinque to use the "smudge" tool for shading. Results have been great, I'll probably make a pictured tutorial of it this weekend.

But anyways, here are some nitpicks.

12) I see you gave him the hand on the staff, but you overdid it. Should his hand be behind the staff with his fingers around the staff? Now it looks like his hand in front of the staff.

14) The two-handed grip is a lot better, but I think that his left shoulderpad is too close to his head, there probably should be some backround to separate them.

But anyways, these look a lot better than the first version. Keep up the good work! What kind of nation are you doing, by the way?
My idea is a nation that use magic crystals to make their weapons and other things. These crystals are only in some rare obscure caverns. So the has evolved around these caverns, building their cities on top of them to easily use and protect the crystals.

There are three styles of troops:
-Mostly heavily armored humans
-weak little amphibian grey creatures
-some huge beasts

The weakness of the nation will be: almost no ranged weapons, costly troops, no stealthy units except for one hero and limited magic ( water, earth and nothing else except for one hero )

I still have to develop some things but this give you a little idea of what will be this nation.

Since yesterday i've made new sprites, i think that i have all the units i need now, just have to do the attack sprites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	troupes copy.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	8639