View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM

Private

jsallison is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a tussel

I'd call myself an intermediate level spmbt'r but have never pbem'd.

Would like a June 1951, 2500 pt us v ussr open country/forested (aka, no urban though towns are okay) meeting engagement, 250% inf tough everything else either 100% or XXX, fast arty off. Will play either side. Only wrinkle is computer buys the forces for both. You'll be looking at about the equivalent of a short inf bn with an approximate tank company equivalent (separate platoons) with 'some' support. Arty is usually on map mortars though I have seen it buy a battery of offmap 105s/122s from time to time.

Think of it as roleplay. It's 10pm, 5 Jun 51 and a runner shows up at your jeep/GAZ. It's a message from your regt'l CO. 1Bn's CO just had a heart attack in a whorehouse and you're *IT* Get over there right now, sort them out, point them in the right direction and turn them loose. There's a hole in the lines and you need to plug it ASAP.

Based on around a dozen iterations if you pick US you'll see easy 8 shermans, chaffees and an occasional platoon of pershings. As the soviets you're talking T34/85s, IS2 stalins and occasionally a couple T44s.

I'd like to do this mirrored but as I mentioned, I've never done this before so don't know how to pull it off.

If this results in a memorable tussel perhaps do it again 5 years in the future introducing a new generation of MBT's. Though going forward there might need to be an increase in points as things get more expensive going down the road...