View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2016, 01:17 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

As a reminder I would request that the "normal rules" of this thread would please be respected as noted in Post #1/Para #1-Thank You.

In the next month or so Andy and Don will embarking on another several months of putting together the next patch pulling together the many issues related to the game over the last year. Many others will more directly contribute as well and I only wish I was amongst them. Maybe I can pull something together towards the end if Don "green lights" me, we'll see.

This time of year is always difficult for all involved with it and it means personal sacrifice at times. We don't always agree and that's fine as long as we don't give up and continue the "fight" to keep our games at the fore front of this genre.

It is my hope the below, which was brought to my attention from a co-worker (In my section alone we have at least 130+ years of retired military experience and other 20 years on top of that from a couple of veterans also in the section.) will set the tone and when needed provide some relief by those that need it.

As this next deals with possible future DOD applications that might have ramifications across the board covering everything from vehicle self protection/defense, offensive countermeasures, crew and passenger integrated protection systems, combat vehicle medical field support, advanced comms and frontline HQ support. This is currently in reality, a commercial venture that is truly showing promise that has gotten the interest of the DOD recently. This falls under a broad based program simply known as either MIT/or MITT.

Of course I'll be tracking it as news of it is available and the DOD decides to act upon the whole "system" as a whole or dissect it into the parts it wishes to pursue as MIT/or MITT at it's core is a modular system.

Again the last sentence of para three is the driver here and hopefully MIT/or MITT will fill that niche as we see the future of battlefield technology yet to come.

About that Patch, normally mid-March to mid-April for release providing no major issues are involved. Just saying!?!

Again for all the hard work that's been done and the rest to come, this video shows the commercial uses, the DOD press conference is at the end of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gERED8htKM

20 and a wake up.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 18th, 2016 at 01:38 AM..