View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

ceremony is on a distinguished road
Default Walkthrough updated

Most people reading this may not need it, but I thought I would post that I have updated the walkthrough. It has received a huge amount of traffic the past three months, and even with the Version on Illwinter's page, it still is getting a lot of visits. Based on all the email feedback I've received (and reading some messageBoards elsewhere), I learned two things:

(1) New players are often confused by the need for a mage to either be at a laboratory or to have gems on his person in order to cast spells which require gems, and

(2) Nobody uses province defense when they start playing Dom2.

Zen suggested I put something in there about how to manipulate your gem pool, so I did. I also explained province defense, and included an extra screenshot at the beginning explaining how to turn on province names based on a suggestion on this board (although I did not redo all the screens because I didn't have time to go through and replay the walkthru game).

I have almost finished the chapter in my strategy guide on map/movement/building and will post a link here for comments when it's done. I haven't had much time to work on these things unfortunately.

http://www.maladjustite.com/dom2_walkthru.html

There are still some typos to be caught but I'm out of time tonight.