Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:05 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,238 Times in 926 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

The news was that the T-64 has seen some upgrades. Currently being the following tanks: T-64BM Bulat, T-64BW 2017, T-64BM2 Bulat, and the T-64BW 2022 version, made possible through collaborations with Poland and the Czech Republic.

What I've gotten from the four refs I have is the above now have the KNIFE ERA which is used on the T-84BM OPLOT, the FCS from the T-84 OPLOT
"Furthermore, since 2017, the tanks have been fitted with an upgraded fire control system complete with a thermal imaging camera. This addition provides them an edge in identifying and eliminating targets over all T-72 tank models below the B3 version. These models have lost duels against the T-64BWs. It's also important to note that the T-64 tanks have the most experienced crews, a factor that often results in more victories compared to the newly conscripted Russians operating the T-90M tanks."

Another source:
"The rebuilt T-64BM Bulat introduced new armor and a so-called “active defense” system than shoots projectiles in order to intercept incoming rockets. The current T-64 2017 adds modern thermal imagers, secure digital communications and satellite navigation." (Supposedly all back fitted to the above models from the T-64BM BULAT on.)

USAGE: This dealing more with both older and newer versions as noted above. From a different ref.
"These tanks are employed to neutralize Russian infantry assaults and finish off vehicles damaged by, for example, artillery. In the following video, you can witness a T-64 tank destroying a Russian IFV from the BMP family using a HEAT missile."

UNITS AFFECTED: The following is what I see and with my first impressions for UNITS 30-32.

First: "flip" FC for UNITS 30 & 32.

Second: Update ERA on UNIT 032 as shown for UNIT 030. See more on UNIT 030 below.

Third: Update ERA on UNIT 30 to reflect the KNIFE ERA from UNIT 064 T-84 OPLOT-M.

Fourth: Update RADIO on UNIT 032 to 85 or 90.

ALL listed above (T-64) got new engines (+200hp I believe.) to support Power usage for the newer systems and increased SPEED for the battlefield.

Crew 3 was what the refs. showed for the tanks having auto loaders so this should already be "built in".

So it would appear SRAPNEL's System detected something from one of the refs and or videos.

I will attempt to upload the videos in the next couple of days, I guess we'll find out which is which then.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 29th, 2024 at 02:52 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: