View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM

First Lieutenant

Renojustin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The New Sauromatia

I have poured fire into Neifel Giants, to basically no effect. I have poured fire into Abysian Bright Ones, to basically no effect. They both tend to just walk right through poison bow fire in my experience. Remember this is EA and there are some really nasty, high-hp giants and other units out there that will simply outregenerate or ignore the best you can do. I could see you severely hurting, say, Sidhe Lords or other low-hp commanders, but I think even concentrated fire just isn't enough to significantly punish regenerating troops worth the name.

In the case of the giant militia... you're definitely going to hurt some militia, but it may or may not take a prohibitively long time just against the PD to effect. By the time the Weak Poison stacking really starts to take hold, they're often on top of your front lines and it's possible you could be raining down some pretty bad mojo on your own troops.

And that's just militia. If for some reason they use non-regenerating giants against you just for a laugh, well, you'd almost be better off just throwing Amazons and skeletons at them, because everything that goes for the milita goes twice for the real units.