View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2017, 04:28 PM

Private

Ravindau is on a distinguished road
Post The Curse of the Delay

This is a Generated Battle, German Advance vs. US (AI) Delay.

750 pts. vs. XXX, AI advantage = 110% (US get slightly over 400pts). All Realism prefs on.

Date = June, 1944. 39 Turns, Random Normandy Map, 3x1.5 km.

The map looks very good and is plausible for the region; I find the random maps in this game generally outstanding.

Contrary to war stories, the very difficult terrain will be more of a help than a hindrance, because my approaches are covered.

I think the 39 turns the game gives me are too generous. The advancing side in an Advance/Delay random battle is rather VERY overpowered, which I will try to show.

I buy a reinforced SS company with an added Inf platoon, a few extra 80mm Mortars and 2 ACs.

*The Golden Rule of Strategy: Don´t try to be too clever!* The plan is to keep my company close together -you know from horror movies what happens when you split up!- and march directly on the southernmost objective, then work my way up from there (OOB & plan pics & setup files attached).

BEFORE YOU READ ON:

*If you are a beginning player, this setup is actually a useful Infantry Combat 101 training exercise. Just extract the setup into your savegame folder, load the save and (likely) get your first win.

*If you are not a Beginner, here´s a challenge: Try NOT to get a Major Win with this setup. It may well be possible, if your plan is creative enough!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OOB.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	14932   Click image for larger version

Name:	plan.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	14933  
Attached Files
File Type: zip setup.zip (44.8 KB, 559 views)

Last edited by Ravindau; October 8th, 2017 at 05:21 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravindau For This Useful Post: