View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2016, 12:17 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Bending WinSPMBTs rules

I wanted to throw this out for Andy and Don (mostly) and anyone else that cares to comment.

In the course of my many quests to get WinSPMBT to do what I want rather then what's it programmed and intended to do I came up with this.

Most OOBs do not make use of Unit Class #215 (Gunship Aircraft) so I copied a "cheap" UAV (Crew=1, Size=0, Speed=3, EW=3, Vision=15) and created a dummy WC=11 (aircraft) weapon.
Interestingly it costs about half as much as a UC=50 (Air OP Aircraft) unit and since it's a "Gunship Aircraft" it makes only one circle-pass of the targeted location thus has a more limited probability of actually spotting anything. But since it's still officially an aircraft it's fired on by AA weapons. Finally being a different Unit Class then Spotter Aircraft you can create a formation with say two UAVs vice the Spotter A/Cs one.

The questions are:
Is this variant of spotter aircraft useful to represent "dimestore" UAV's?
Is it totally breaking WinSPMBTs "rules as intended"?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Suhiir; April 26th, 2016 at 12:41 AM..