View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2019, 11:14 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Scenario 4. Egyptian armor - Six Day War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
I love the commentary on your tactical thinking shahadi. It really helps to get a feel for what players are thinking when they do scenarios. As a former intel weenie I just don't think and view things like "normal" people (why I got the job). But I was never much good at the "intentions" part. If you want "current status and capabilities" I'm your gal tho!

I'm not all that fond of "slugfest" scenarios, I tend like ones where you have to deploy and react to opposition maneuvers rather then just shoot everything in sight. So having an idea how others may react to the AI controlled opposition is damn useful when I create scenarios.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much Suhiir.

I start from the initial idea, then look around for a real-time or historical narrative to support the idea. After that, like you and Hue City (which by the way, I am still eagerly awaiting that scenario), I do the painstaking research, maps, TO&E's, leaders intent, etc.

And, I agree, ascertaining enemy COA (intentions) is most difficult apart from historical scenario planning.