View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:41 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
I would also like to request a predictable relaxed hosting schedule, something akin to the scheme I use in my relaxed games. like start with 24h and every 15 turns add 24h until end game settles on 120h. It's reasonable and players in my games enjoy the pace, except for those who like blitz-like games (but then again, relaxed games are not really their cup of tea anyway).

Q: If you ban Ermor then why keep R'lyeh?
Q: Are all other LA games available to choose from?

How much time do we have to prepare and make up our minds re. nation picks?
* I intentionally stayed away from fixing the hosting scheduled upfront (like I see you doing) since the people who normally play at a slower pace might be small/at peace/otherwise in a situation where they're fine with the schedule and thus there is no need to slow the game down. As I said though, I do intend this to be a relaxed game, so rest assured the turns will get longer as needed.

* I really see no reason to ban LA R'lyeh after the nerf/fixing of the popkill rate. I will admit not to have played them since, but from theoricrafting I would put them at a mediocre powerlever at best now, and everything I've heard about them from others confirms this. I also see no reason to ban any other nation. (Do you?)

* I have no specific start date in mind, I guess it depends on how fast signups go. I'm guessing that with waiting for signups and allowing a couple of days after nation assignments to practice a bit the very earliest we could get started is the weekend after this one.