View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:06 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Xerathul\'s revenge (module discussion thread)

Hmmm it is indeed a bug.. (or two seperate bugs really)
There are only two dungeon levels, so the stairs down (who seem to connect to the level above now ) should not go anywhere right now. I just put them there for future Versions. The stairs have been repaired in my current Version.

The second bug seems a lot more serious, I've run into it once in the new Version of the module that has not been released yet, I thought it wasn't present in the old Version, and I have not been able to reproduce the bug since. it seems like you just did .

The tiny level you are on should contain the current end boss of the game (a huge skeleton-demon with a group of fire elementals) but for some reason the game does not generate him on certain occasions, the problem is that you need to defeat him to win the game (and get the current lame ending)

There might be some hope for your game though, the one time I ran into this the demon-lord was found hiding on the first dungeon level instead of the second, I'm not sure what caused him to be generated there.. So unless you've already completely mapped the above level there might be some hope of finishing the game. Could you let me know if you find him there? It would be good to know wether it's the same bug I found, or a new one.

Thanks for the bug report

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5