View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:21 PM

Private

Dreadnought is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Little used but great weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
I am up to Dec 1940 in a LC as the British. I have been having a nasty time since France 40 with these Italian SP guns that look like a 75/L27 on a Model T (I'm not at my game, so I can't tell you the technical name for the little nasties.) As its a softskin, the 2 pndr is almost worthless against it. Riflemen and indirect kill them very easily, but they all too often pick off an A-13 or even a Matilda before I find the things. I hate 'em
Well - that is why I like the UK light tanks and armoured cars with the big 15mm BESA - excellent for inf support with the long range, and for biffing up truck-mounted infantry, ATG, and portee ATG. And they have a co-ax for use at shorter range or when out of big BESA rounds.

I plan to have a 2 tank section of the light tanks assigned to each rifle coy HQ as close support tools. Not for recce.

Cheers
Andy

In my most recent battle last night I used Vickers sections at long range to chew the things up, and Mk-VI light tanks to rush them once they were down a couple of crewmen. That worked out well; all gun trucks killed with no losses.