View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:35 AM

Private

curious123 is on a distinguished road
Default AAR/Progress of german long campaign

I started my 200 battle long campaign with the default options on a 80x80 map. my original core force consisted of 1 rifle company, 5 panzer 3's, 6 panzer 4's, four 2cm AA guns ,75mm battery and 105mm battery (not sure about the artillery since it was more then a a month ago, im just sure it was 2 batteries). well, it was my 2nd start of the same campaign cause:
the 1st time i didnt buy the AA guns, i deployed half of my force on a road to get to the flags faster (meeting engagement) and guess what :P on the 1st turn polish plane dropped on my 2 platoons some kind of napalm bomb (same graphic effects as napalm in steel panthers) and killed almost all the infartry force on the road. so since i'm a sore looser sometimes i restarted my campaign and with the force above and here my summary/AAR (haha, dont know how to define it) starts.

the polish campaign was under 10 battles long, it consisted of a few meeting engagements and advances. overall it was pretty easy since the AI was usually rushing his cavalery/armor ahead of his infantry and since his armor was usually some kind of armored cars and tankettes they where slaughtered easily by my P3's and P4's. later his unsupproted infantry would charge, usually in separate 2 thrusts, i would delay it with my armor and some squads if my infantry which i rush into good cover and when i see that the poles are amassed i would call in artillery strike and then the great escape would begin with my P3'S and P4'S dispersing some and taking some prisoners. sometimes the poles had the vickers tanks (usually most of them where armed with MG's) which almost never changed the overall picture, maybe just increasing a bit my armor casualties.
oh and after i got my 2cm AA guns on my 2nd campaign start the poles stopped using aviation :< bah i really wanted to use those toys.
i finished my polish campaign with only decisive victories.
well i think it summarizes my polish campaign experience, next i'll review my french campaign.