View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:35 AM

Private

curious123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR/Progress of german long campaign

Before advancing to the french campaign i brought another company of infantry since i felt the 80*80 map is a bit too big for only one company, i updated my artillery to 15cm batteries, added 10.5cm+ battery since it has alot of ammo and 10cm k18 for counterbattery fire. also i added 3JPz's 1, 2 sdkfz-8flak-18 trucks and 2 88 guns with trucks to my armor/tank hunting force.

in this campaign i played all the possible kind of missions. the air superiority helped me few times, especially against the AI's artillery.
the french tanks were just too good for my armor, even the medium H-35 were a challenge for my P3's with their poor 37mm main gun :< the heavy char's were a real nightmare and for the most part i used my infantry to assault them or my 88's equipped trucks and at worst case i used my tanks at point blank range. in some meeting engagements i tried to rush my 88's to strategic locations and to unload them there but it didn't always work since my infantry wasn't motorized and wasn't in time to support my guns at some cases. overall the meeters weren't that hard as well as the assaults/advance missions since AI's tank force wasn't that big in this missions. i played only 1 delay mission in this campaign and it was the hardest mission i ever played, since the chars and h-35 kept coming, the AI decimated half of my infantry(veteran/elite on this stage :< ) and 3/4 of my armor and in the end of this one i got a draw although the AI got all the flags. probably since the AI lost tons of tanks this draw was the only draw i had untill now (my worst result in any campaign mission i played until now).
i really enjoyed the french campaign
edit: since the french campaign i always buy 2 engineer companys with my support points on assault missions and use them as a decoy for enemy fire to preserve my core force.

Last edited by curious123; January 1st, 2009 at 08:00 AM..