View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2009, 06:33 AM

Private

curious123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR/Progress of german long campaign

before the campaign on balkans i expanded my core a bit (adding 2 artillery batteries nad 3 JPz's 1), so it consisted of:
2 infantry companys
6 panzers4, 5 panzers3, 6 JPz's 1, 2 sdkfz-8flack-18 trucks, 2 88 guns,4 15cm batteries, 105mm+ batterie, 10cm k18 battery and 4 2cm AA guns.
now before i continue i just wanna ask what do you think about the amount of the artillery, are the 6 batteries too much for 2 companys of infantry or its a reasonable amount?

back to the campaign, i cant say much about the yugoslavian part of the campaign since i had only 2 missions(1 advance and 1 assault) and they were a real walk in the park since the best ATG that faced me was the 25mm gun that couldn't do much damage on range above 500 meters . the yugoslavian armor was some kind of funny MG equiped armored cars. so it was the easiest part of the campaign.

in greece it was a bit more challenging :
i mostly had metting engagements against greeks and the british forces.
the greeks lacked any real armor (again, armored cars) but the masses of infantry they had made it a bit tougher, plus this was the 1st time snipers really frustrated me since they were employed on a large scale by the AI and my tanks and infantry were helpless , even the P4's with their 75mm gun could hit the snipers from really short distances and after spending serious amount of ammo.
i just wanna mention that in the russian campaign the snipers die faster and from bigger ranges and the weapons that kill them are the same, so i must assume the greek sniper immortality have something to do with their higher experience.
facing the british forces were the toughest part of the balkans campaign. while facing them in meeting engagements i experienced the first massive tank assaults, luckily for me those were the A9,A10 and the A13 tanks and my JPz's 1 / P3's had a real party
i encountered matilda 2 tanks only once, a platoon of them appeared as reinforcements just before i captured the last flag in a meeting engagement, so i was pretty lucky.

Last edited by curious123; January 2nd, 2009 at 06:35 AM..