View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:34 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR/Progress of german long campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious123 View Post
before the campaign on balkans i now before i continue i just wanna ask what do you think about the amount of the artillery, are the 6 batteries too much for 2 companys of infantry or its a reasonable amount?
Completely and utterly ridiculous. Unless you mean to have a core based on an artillery regiment!.

A battalion (3-4 coys) would expect to have one (1) battery allocated to it in general operations (SP meeter, delay, defend). In a hasty attack (SP advance), perhaps one per company, and in an assault only, then the sky is the limit.

Your core should only have the one core battery (if British, 2 troops(platoons) = 1 battery) per 3 or so companies and the on-map infantry mortars/guns - a section of 2-3 tubes per rifle coy or so and a section of heavier mortars or infantry guns at battalion HQ. (USA 60mm company HQ mortars or GE/USSR 50mm ones do not count.)

Any additional batteries should be bought from the support pool if you are advancing (about 1 per co) or assaulting - whatever you can afford. Defending - if you have some spare points after support mines and grunts and ATG buy then maybe a few guns or mortars extra.

Cheers
Andy