View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2018, 12:54 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: I Bring the Sword: Israeli Marines Beach Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
So, my thought is to load a S-13 aboard a corvette, then move it to a hex that has a height of -1 (shallow water). Only need one hex as shallow water, all other hex should be at -3 (Deep water). The unit can unload in shallow water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
I like this idea.
You could put both the commandos and a rubber boat aboard a "ship" or helo, drop them in the shallow water, let the commandos board the rubber boat (which would first move to an adjacent 'deep water' hex), and they can be on their way.

Consider your idea stolen !
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
One problem remains. The assault boats won't load on the corvettes. So, the commandos will use their rafts.

I have a solution. I replaced a corvette with a LCM(8) Mark 1. With this class, the assault boats can be loaded.

Next, I change the icons, pictures, and specs of the LCM to those of the Greek Combattante II.

I suppose, just thinking aloud, the assault boat crew could be changed to that of an S-13 unit. In this way, the assault boat and the S-13 are loaded at the same time and disembarked as well as one unit.

When the boats reach the beach, simply abandon (@ hot key) the boats and viola, the S-13 is ready to fight. I think this might work.