View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2006, 10:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

OG_Gleep is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Halls of the Underkings

I would also love to see Warhammer and Song of Ice and Fire nations in Dominions. There is already a elves mod made, Forest of Lorean, I have yet to play.

Others that would translate well:
Bretonnians - Nation of Knights and cheap men at arms/bowmen
Orcs and Gobbos: Boar Boys, Shammans, Big Uns all would work well.
Skaven - Cheap fragile hard with some elites mixed in
Chaos - All three would be perfect, but I'd love to see Hordes of Chaos. Powerful expensive mages, Top Tier infantry and Knights, great thugs in chaos lords/champions, cheap light infantry and calvary.

And of course with every warhammer race, comes supplied with their own heros.

I have Army builder, and the Codex for Empire and Chaos (the last 2 editions) if you need any help with stats and thematics.

Basically any nation that doesn't rely on seige weapons would work well.

For the Song of Ice and Fire, I don't know how you would best do it. Magic doesn't play a large role, so having multiple houses without magic wouldn't be good. That would have to be thought out pretty well.

Overall though, if you haven't read the books, I would strongly strongly recommend them. I enjoy sci-fi as well, but this is truely one of the best novels I have read. Its the story more then the setting that sets it apart. Martin spins a tale that takes you on a roller coaster ride. It definatley doesn't follow the same blueprint of traditional tales. He really deserves all the accolades this series has recieved.