View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:36 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Jibjab, Politics, the Big Bang and more!

Quote:
Originally posted by Graeme Dice:
This is beside the point. The overall expenditure on health care per capita comes from the population of a country, regardless of whether it is collected through taxes or directly from the people.
Higher Taxes is the point ! Many citizens as myself have a tough time making our house & utilities payments where we can't afford to give another $250.oo for some new healthcare plan which covers everyone in the USA. Why should we pay higher taxes for more government intervention. Let us as citizens pay for healthcare when we need the care.

Quote:
This is little more than FUD. Even without making an appointment, and while walking in to a very busy University medical centre, I have rarely waited even an hour to see a Dr., and certainly never anywhere close to three hours.
Last time I went to the hospital for emergency care(E.R.) I waited an hour before seeing a doctor... and I was even marked with high priority. Not all hospitals are the same... and without a doubt the waiting time would increase no matter where you are.