View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2006, 06:44 PM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interesting nation.

Taqwus, you've pretty much got the idea. Sanguinia is commander-centric to the extreme. The only really viable troop recruits are the Blood Drakes and they are also expensive. As recruitable immortals, the Sanguine vampires are nearly gods themselves. Whichever pretender you choose has simply beaten them to the punch and acquired their loyalty. Thus, if I gave them access to yet more paths (Blood, Earth, and Astral are quite robust) I think they would be well over the top. If you want Death, take the Vampire Queen.

In the play-testing I have done, the Death Dealers are quite nasty against AI players and I can imagine the pain they would be in MP. Waiting to hear if anyone ever uses this nation in an MP game...

Also, was the crash bug in any way related to this mod?

Shovah32, I still haven't been able to sufficiently play-test Sanguinia as I've been giving LA Man and my other nations Teutanion and Sylvania a decent run-through while building two other mods (including a revival of the Underkings from Dom 2). I have noticed that the AI is not very good with Sanguinia -- having thoroughly trounced it twice while playing as other LA nations. It takes a skilled human player to make this nation shine. But shine it apparently can! Thanks for your continued interest and the strategy suggestions!