View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2005, 10:30 AM

Private

Boonierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1st Cav, 1969-71 Operations

Here's the first part of what I did (first two ToOs), tell me if that's what you have in mind:

Steming the NVA: The Ia Drang valley Campaign Sep-Dec. 1965 (ToO#1) [*]Chapter 1, A New Home: the 1st Cav arrives at An Khe
Here we can have some shake down operations to get the player accustomed to his units, for example:
Op. Op.Good Friend II/Sayonara (joint Army/USMC/ROK road security along Route 19 from Qui Nonh to Binh Khe)
Op.Happy Valley I & II (pacification in Vinh Thanh Valley)
Op.Lonesome End (security of the famous Mang Yang Pass)[*]Chapter 2, Plei Me under Siege: Send in the First Team
Here the serious business begins, the Cav must relieve a besieged SF camp and pursue the retreating NVAs:
Op. All the Way with a battle for an NVA field Hospital, an ambush near cambodian border, an battle for a hot LZ etc...[*]Chapter 3, Cavalry Pursuit: Breaking the NVA
Here are the famous battles of the campaign with terrible fightings for LZ X-Ray, Albany and Columbus.

The Coastal Campaign: The 1st Cav in Binh Dinh province Jan-Mar. 1966 (ToO#2) [*]Chapter 4, A Change of Scenery: The Coastal Sands
Operation Masher/White Wing begins here, the largest search and destroy operation to date with US (1st Cav), ROK (Capital Div) and ARVN (22nd Division) units aimed at breaking the NVA and VC grip on the populous Binh Dinh province north of Qui Nonh. We can have such missions as an Air Assault on a fortified Village (Cu Nghi), the rescue of a downed Chinook, etc...[*]Chapter 5, Into the Valley: Clearing the An Lao
Here Operation White Wing leaves the coast with the 1st Cav entering the feared An Lao valley NW of Bong Son and evacuating its population.[*]Chapter 6, Striking South: Battle of the Kim Son
Continuing Operation White Wing, the cav assaults another NVA stronghold, the Kim Son valley (aka the Crow's Foot). Here we can have pretty tough battles vs NVA bunker complexes and B-52s arc light raids!